Best Beers In America
Is Russian River Brewing’s “Pliny the Elder double IPA” the best beer in the United States? The American Homebrewers Association thinks so.
“Pliny the Elder” has claimed the top spot on the organization’s poll for the past four years. Russian River Brewing is based out of Guerneville, California, they describe their beer as:
Pliny the Elder is brewed with Amarillo, Centennial, CTZ, and Simcoe hops. It is well-balanced with malt, hops, and alcohol, slightly bitter with a fresh hop aroma of floral, citrus, and pine. Best enjoyed FRESH! That is why we make it in such limited supply. Actual bottling date is printed on each bottle!
Beer Advocate gives the beer a “world class” 100 rating.
The top 10 brews on the list are:
- Russian River Pliny the Elder
- Bell’s Two Hearted Ale
- Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
- Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
- Bell’s Hopslam
- Sierra Nevada Celebration
- Stone Ruination IPA
- Sierra Nevada Torpedo
- North Coast Old Rasputin
The American Homebrewer Association also ranked the country’s best breweries.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, Calif.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del.
- Stone Brewing Co., Escondido, Calif.
- Russian River Brewing Co., Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- New Belgium Brewing Co., Fort Collins, Colo.
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Paso Robles, Calif.
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.
- Lagunitas Brewing Co., Petaluma, Calif.
- Founders Brewing Co., Grand Rapids, Mich.
You can view the entire list here.