The Sam Adams Summer Ale Lobster Roll
Good beer and lobster, it seems like it would be a match made in heaven and Sam Adams wants a piece of the action.
Today is National Lobster Day and in honor of this beloved holiday Samuel Adams has tapped award winning chef David Burke to create a unique lobster roll made from the brewery’s Summer Ale.
“What better way to celebrate summer’s arrival than to recruit our friend Chef David to help reinvent this New England dish for beer lovers across the country – and pair it with the ultimate summer beer,” says Jennifer Glanville, a brewer at Samuel Adams.
“Lobster’s rich flavors are nicely balanced by the bright complexities of Samuel Adams Summer Ale. Squeezing fresh lemon juice on the lobster will also work perfectly with the citrus and malt flavors in the beer, adding a sweetness that works with the citrus acidity,” Glanville added.
Want to make it yourself? Here’s the recipe:
Samuel Adams Summer Ale-infused lobster roll
– 16 oz. lobster meat (cooked)
– 1/4 cup chopped celery
– 1/4 cup chopped carrots
– 1/4 cup diced green apples
– 4 tsp tarragon
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 2 Tbsp cream cheese
– 2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 8 shaved scallions
– 4 artisanal rolls
– 1/4 cup Samuel Adams Summer Ale
- Mix mayonnaise, cream cheese and Samuel Adams Summer Ale together in a mixing bowl
- Mix cooked lobster meat, celery, carrots, apples, tarragon, mayonnaise mixture, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl
- Place one quarter of the lobster meat mixture into each bun
- Top with shaved scallions to taste
Too lazy to shop? Need a leg up? Sam Adams is looking out for you, teaming up with Robinson’s Prime Reserve who’s offering a “Summer Ale Lobster Roll” pacakge online for $124.95. All that cheddar gets you:
- 4 servings of Claw & Knuckle Lobster Meat (16 oz.)
- 4 artisanal rolls
- 4 Samuel Adams Summer Ale Glasses
Interested? (Father’s Day is coming up) Use the code SAMADAMS in step one of the checkout process to save 30%.
Want more information on Sam Adams Summer Ale? Here’s a 2:39 video describing the beer.